Friday, January 8, 2010

Gates


I wasn't aware Obama kept any of Bush's cabinet members so it was news to me in hearing Gates, Bush's Secretary of Defense, agreed to remain in office another year. I believe since he was placed in that cabinet position only in 2006, he picked up less of the public's negative association with Bush. Being the middle of two wars at the present it makes perfect sense that he should keep his position. I thought it strange he is quoted to say his job as a "very painful thing" but if I really think about it, that's also understandable since he is basically in control of hundreds of human lives. The possibility that he may not stay on beyond this year made me wonder what sort of measures Obama is taking in that aspect. Is he lining up other potential candidates? Guess that isn't majorly important right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment